Are you a college or university student who believes in the vision and mission of Mother’s Choice, and do you want to make a difference? If so, apply to our 2022 Student Summer Internship Program!
Why Mother’s Choice?
Working alongside the multicultural, dedicated and passionate teams at Mother’s Choice, our interns will have the unparalleled opportunity to experience first-hand, and to contribute to the invaluable work that Mother’s Choice does for children, youth and families in Hong Kong.
What is the time commitment?
Varies depending on the project needs but typically 2-4 days’ work per week for 2-8 weeks
- 1st batch: start in June (mainly for undergraduates)
- 2nd batch: start in July (for undergraduates and high school students)
What attributes must you have?
In addition to having a passion for and commitment to our mission and vision, we are seeking students with the following attributes:
- Open-minded, non-judgmental, positive with a can-do attitude
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, or Chinese, or both
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solid computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office
- A good team player but also able to work independently
What are the internship opportunities available now?
Our interns work within, and help support services and departments supporting children, youth, families and operations. The internship opportunities available now are listed below. Responsibilities and internship period of the positions are subject to change by the right of Mother’s Choice. Applicants should indicate their interested position(s) in their applications and WHY.
Ideal for university students who wish to understand the issues faced by Mother’s Choice and aid in program development.
- Policy Research
- Community Education Research
- Child Care Research
- Volunteer Engagement Project Research
2. Media and Marketing Support
Ideal for creative storytellers with video shooting and editing skills
- Adoption Services Media Support
- Marketing and Communications
- Content Design
3. Communications Support
Ideal for students who wish to gain hands-on experience in learning specific topics/ issues and using that knowledge to create and develop core communication materials.
- Child Protection
- Foster Youth Transition Toolkit
4. Administrative Support
Ideal for organized, self-motivated students with a meticulous eye for detail.
- General Administration
- Youth Services Library Project
- Child Care Home Administration
- IT Administration
5. Child Care Home Activities
Ideal for students who are enthusiastic and passionate with kids.
- Activities with kids and clean-ups
Where will you work?
Depending on the project, you may work in one or more of our offices in Mid-Levels or Kwun Tong, or work from home.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should prepare a cover letter / video and CV. Please fill in the application form below and upload your cover letter/video and CV in the application form.
- Application deadline of 1st batch: 9th May
- Application deadline of 2nd batch: 5th June
You will be invited to learn about Mother’s Choice and a brief interview
- 1st batch: 14th or 20th May. You will be notified near end of May if you are selected.
- 2nd batch: 11th or 17th June. You will be notified near end of June if you are selected.
What will I receive at the end?
We award students a certificate of service on the completion of the internship program. The most memorable takeaway shared from our previous interns are friendships and the opportunity to contribute and make a difference in the community we love.
If you have any questions about the internship program or your application, please email us at: email@example.com.